Unit 6 Objectives
I can ...
• add and subtract polynomials of degree one and degree two.
• multiply polynomials of degree one and degree two.
• determine the quotient of a polynomial of degree one and polynomial of degree two when divided by a polynomial of degree one and polynomial of degree two when the degree of the divisor does not exceed the degree of the dividend.
• rewrite polynomial expressions of degree one and degree two in equivalent forms using the distributive property.
• factor, if possible, trinomials with real factors in the form ax^2 + bx + c, including perfect square trinomials of degree two.
• decide if a binomial can be written as the difference of two squares and, if possible, use the structure of a difference of two squares to rewrite the binomial.