Unit 8 Objectives
I can ...
• determine the domain and range of exponential functions of the form
• interpret the meaning of the values of a and b in exponential functions of the form f(x) = abˣ in real-world problems.
• write exponential functions in the form f(x) = abˣ (where b is a rational number) to describe problems arising from mathematical and real-world situations, including growth and decay.
• graph exponential functions that model growth and decay and identify key features, including y-intercept and asymptote, in mathematical and real-world problems.
• write, using technology, exponential functions that provide a reasonable fit to data and make predictions for real-world problems.